This Advisory Circular (AC) describes an acceptable means of compliance with Part 21 Certification of Products and Parts.
This AC relates specifically to Civil Aviation Rule Part 21 Subpart H – Airworthiness Certificates, Rule 21.173(5) Special category–amateur-built airworthiness certificate, and Rule 21.197 Special category–amateur-built certification requirements.
Revision 2 makes the following changes:
- amends Annual Review of Airworthiness (ARA) to read Review of Airworthiness (RA)
- updates the CAA point of contact manager title
- amends the period for Review of Airworthiness (RA) to read 24 month period to align with Part 91
- inserts a new paragraph (l) under “Design and Construction” to clarify some policy issues which could affect eligibility to be classified as an amateur-built aircraft
- amends paragraphs (a) and (c)(vii) under “Amateur Aircraft, Constructed Outside New Zealand”, to align with current policy for imported aircraft
- amends rule reference 21.193(c) under “Issuance of Special Category Airworthiness certificate” to read 21.197(a)(9), to align with the current version of Part 21.