Sometimes an aircraft, or component has an airworthiness concern that requires urgent attention. To achieve that, the Director issues an Emergency Airworthiness Directive (AD) notified directly to the registered operators of affected aircraft. Emergency ADs can be issued at any time, and are issued where compliance is required before further flight, or is less than 50 hours TIS, or 28 calendar days.
Emergency AD DCA/FBA/5 Control Arm and Yoke Assembly Sprockets – Inspection [PDF 123 KB]
Effective: 23 Sep 2022
- FBA-2C1, FBA-2C2, FBA-2C3 and FBA-2C4 aircraft, all S/N delivered after November 2012;
- FBA-2C1, FBA-2C2, FBA-2C3 and FBA-2C4 aircraft, all S/N fitted with a Sprocket P/N C446 received and installed in the control arm and yoke assembly after November 2012; and
- Sprockets with P/N C446 received after November 2012 as spare parts.
Emergency FAA AD 2022-19-12 R44 and R66 Tail Rotor Blades - Inspection(external link)
Effective: 20 Oct 2022
- R44 and R44 II helicopters, all S/N fitted with a tail rotor blade P/N C029-3 with S/N 9410 through to 9909 inclusive.
- R44 and R44 II helicopters, all S/N fitted with a tail rotor blade P/N C029-3 with S/N 9910 through to 10659 inclusive.
- R66 helicopters, all S/N fitted with a tail rotor blade P/N F029-1 with S/N 2410 through 2589 inclusive.
Emergency EASA AD 2022-0163-E - Flight Controls – Flap Control Rods – Replacement(external link)
Effective: 09 Aug 2022
Applicability: This AD is applicable to DR 400 Series aeroplanes.
Emergency FAA AD 2022-16-03 – Continental Aerospace Technologies, Inc., Lycoming Engines, and Textron Lycoming/Subsidiary of Textron, Inc. Reciprocating Engines(external link)
Effective: 15 Aug 2022
Applicability: This AD is applicable to is applicable to any Continental or Lycoming reciprocating engine models identified in Table 1 to paragraph (c) of this AD that are equipped with an S-1200 series magneto having a serial number (S/N) between F21EA057 and F21KA009R, inclusive, manufactured and sold between May and November 2021.
Emergency EASA AD 2022-0153 – ATA 53 – Fuselage – Centre Fuselage Frame Assembly – Inspection / Repair(external link)
Effective: 11 Aug 2022
Applicability: This AD is applicable to Agusta (Leonardo) A109E, A109S, A109LUH Helicopters.
Emergency EASA AD 2022-0134 MT Propellers - ATA 61 – Propeller – Blade Lag Screws – Replacement(external link)
Effective: 22 Jul 2022
Applicability: This AD is applicable to a range of MTV() Variable Pitch Propellers as detailed in the AD.