This Advisory Circular (AC) describes an acceptable means of compliance with rules for helicopter operators and helicopter crew members and instructors involved with the conduct of a helicopter night VFR operation using a Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS).
This AC relates specifically to helicopter operations conducted under Civil Aviation Rule Part 91, and Parts 119 and 135.
Revision 1 includes the following changes:
- The purpose and applicability of the AC have been clarified
- Definitions have been updated and clarified, where appropriate, including deleting the definition of NVGO and replacing it with NVG flight operations.
- Guidance material relating to the helicopter modification regarding the NVIS design, testing, approval and maintenance process has been amplified and clarified.
- Guidance material in relation to overwater operations has been added.
- The section dealing with training competency and currency has been rearranged to improve the general flow and layout of this information.