Learn more about how to have your foreign pilot licence converted to a New Zealand pilot licence.

CAA UK licences

To convert a CAA UK pilot's licence to a New Zealand licence, you will need to apply to CAA UK to have them release your licence details to us.

Contact CAA UK to release your licence details(external link)

Read more about recognition of overseas flight crew licences and ratings [PDF 255 KB].

Australian professional licences

New Zealand and Australia recognise each other's professional flight crew licences.

Read more about the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act (TTMRA).

Armed forces recognition

Read about armed forces recognition requirements: flight crew. [PDF 58 KB]

Other foreign licence holders

Recognition of overseas flight crew licences and ratings [PDF 255 KB]

 Ask us about licensing

If you have any questions about this topic, use our contact form, or email licensing@caa.govt.nz.